Old May 28th 04, 05:51 PM
Jonesy

Default "Normal" XT stuff drying up

"The Nelson Paradigm" wrote in message ...
We sold a set of XT 9s rapidfire pods today, then set about ordering their
replacement.

Nobody, and I mean NOBODY we do business with had them in stock. Some of
them blamed a shortage of Shimano parts.

More likely Shimano has already quit making these in favor of the new XTR
clone with the wiggly brake levers and the "Low normal" (son of Rapid Rise)
derailleur.

I guess that means that they want none of their stuff to be
interoperable from year-to-year. That's OK - When I wreck my RD, I'll
just buy SRAM. If I blow up my crank or BB, I'll go Raceface. When
my hubs give up, I'll go Hope or some other. Since SRAM has triggers
and a FD now, folks *could* go Shimano-free immediately. It is
unlikely that I will willing buy a new Shimano part ever again. Uhh,
let me clarify - I'm gonna buy some Octalink BB - 2 for each bike.
When they're done, so is Shimano on my bikes.

Buh-bye, Shimano.
--
Jonesy "eventually"