Old October 31st 17, 02:10 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Radey Shouman

Default California's Fires

writes:

On Monday, October 30, 2017 at 6:36:22 PM UTC-7, Radey Shouman wrote:

Fortunately, it's pretty hard to convince a honeybee to sting if you're
not messing with the hive, and my wife has gone for a series of allergy
treatment shots. Supposedly she's up to receiving the equivalent of two
bee stings with each shot, so a single sting should not be a life
threatening problem.

I've heard that 90% of the honeybee hives have been africanized at
this point. And that they are a lot more aggressive.

Only in warmer regions than mine. I'm not sure exactly what it is about
cold weather that prevents the africanized bees from spreading. In
South Africa and Brazil, beekeepers have learned to deal with the bees,
which are productive, but I doubt they're fun for amateurs.

Incidentally, I've read that the main reason the africanized bees are
the way they are is the honey badger:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4r7wHMg5Yj

Apparently they're much worse than bears on bee hives.