Old March 11th 07, 01:51 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Johan Bornman

Default Garmin 205 Edge

On Mar 11, 6:08 am, wrote:
I found that the unit seems to have a lock up issue, but with the
latest release of the firmware from Garmin, it appears to be
completely resolved. I was not getting a charging notice, and would
have to issue a hard reset for the device, but it seems to have been
rectified with the 3.10 version.

Ken Hovanes

Ken, I've occasionally had a lock-up with my 205 but I don't know how
to check the sw version.

What's more concerning to me is the limited battery life. Garmin
claims a life of "up to 14 hours" but I think it is more like 5 hours
max.

I find the software even more limiting. You' can't seem to create a
route in Garmap by defining waypoints and then have the software route
(via roads) between the points. All it does is goes straight as the
crow flies from one point to the next. Doesn't Garmin know we're on
bicycles, not aeroplanes?

I find the unit very, very disappointing.

Johan Bornman