Old September 30th 08, 05:29 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
JesseG

Default Best Muni/Trials Shoe

It's funny. I hadn't been looking at this site, and then I came back to
it just now, having been made aware of ankle braces, and wondering what
yous guys (sic) thought of them.

I'm gonna be on rough and sometimes rocky terrain.

Let me try to focus my question this way. I think I'm gonna get the
impact 2 mid. So, what percent extra ankle-protection margin will I get
if I also use a brace like the McDavid (see earlier in thread). Like,
50% more, 100% more(doubles the protection), or maybe 300% more, or
whatever.

I don't want to have to use a brace in addition to the impact2, but if
it's gonna be a night-and-day difference, I'd probably do it. Actually,
it would help if anyone wants to talk about the down-sides to braces
that I might not already realize--besides the discomfort and
inconvenience that I'm thinking about. Is the reduced mobility much of
an issue for effective trials-y muni.

(And does Kris Holm ever use them).

Thx.

--