Old December 14th 09, 03:37 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.rides
LionTeaser

Default Life is like a bicycle

GETTING DOWN TO BUSINESS...

On Dec 13, 11:16 pm, George Chalkin wrote:
We may not be happy, but still are a family.

Maybe if we all go vegetarian...

I don't wnat to sound discouraging, but to make any progress towards
your goal, you must make a realistic assessment of the environment and
opposition, and also of any resources. Of course if a community can
agree upon some conditions and terms towards a common-goal, then you
have a collective resource. But alternative lifestyles and counter-
cultures are generally under political attack most of the time, and so
most of you your resources will probably be deployed fighting
political battles rather than making progress towards your goal and
enjoying any gains. However, non-profit org. is probably your best bet
to get something started.

Hey, that's some fruitful advice there!

But Jesus came (or not) and it was much later that people started
organizing until Rome converted and the rest is history.

When people see the advantage of adopting a jungle model many things
will start happening:

1- We would be aware of the predators (politicians, drivers) around
us, the way we are aware of sexual predators today. I say two species
so different like politicians and drivers because they prevent us from
changing things for the better and do the simple thing which is to
ride a bike,

2- I couldn't think of a law that applies in the jungle that doesn't
apply to the human jungle: BIG FISH EATS LITTLE FISH (money makes size
among us), EVERYONE TO HIMSELF (Darwinistic capitalism), MONKEY SEE
MONKEY DO (collective-herd behavior, our youngsters dressed with
hanging pants), CAMOUFLAGE (sneaky politicians with picture-perfect
families), PUNISHMENT AND REWARD when taming a beast (say the animals
behind the wheel), WE ARE DIFFERENT SPECIES (I mean we are one
species, but we all have different needs and expectations). For
example, under predatory capitalism we assume that a cyclist is a
failed consumer because he CAN'T afford a car...

3- It's plain fun to consider ourselves sort of a zoo, imagining who's
who in the jungle.