Old August 12th 11, 03:36 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser Philosopher[_2_]

Default Basic Human Rights: The Right to Ride a Bike

Remember when they days when Carter was in charge and Human Rights were all the rage? I kind of reminisce of those times when idealism was somewhat a moderating factor to economics. I always was for the extended human rights, which means that they should include HOUSING & HEALTHCARE, something every human being should have. But it should also have the right to mobility, meaning the RIGHT TO RIDE A BIKE. This means that you should not need to be looking over your shoulder to see why someone is blasting the horn at you.

By these standards few countries are in compliance of human rights. Now the culture of greed has taken over the world and nobody even mentions human rights. The new buzzword is GLOBALIZATION. It's followed like a religion and nobody really knows why we follow it. What's the morality of it anyway?

Now it's not OK to ride a bike. You must drive an SUV and live in a Gated Community to be someone. Americans though insist that they have the fundamental right to cheap gas. Nobody has thought of taxing gas to pay for the debt? Oh no, that would be political suicide. In times of Jimmy cars were downsizing and we thought we would evolve into a more frugal, smarter world. Then Reagan came along and planted the bad seed: GREED, something the Teabaggers try to keep alive even at the cost of sinking the country.

No more Wisdom of the Jungle for the day.