Old July 21st 16, 05:19 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Joy Beeson

Default AG: Twenty-first Century Switchel

On Thu, 21 Jul 2016 00:12:12 -0300, Joy Beeson
wrote:

I refilled the empty tea bottle at Owen's East and topped
off the switchel bottle; I didn't finish the ice water (which by then
contained no ice) until I got to Owen's West.

T'other way around: I stopped first at Owen's West, and stopped again
at Owen's East. I looped around Chinworth Bridge and a farm stand on
Fox Farm before going back through town on the boardwalk. Hit both
roundabouts, the Fox Farm roundabout twice. I trepidate more in the
car than on the bike when going through the roundabouts -- but I've
done it only once in the car.

Today (21 July 2016) I poured half the left-over switchel into my
Sheriff Goshert bottle and put it in the freezer, tilted so that the
expanding ice couldn't get a square push to break the bottle. Tomorrow
I'll pour in the other half and tilt it the other way, and Saturday
I'll make switchel in the remaining space, using *one* lemon, some
ginger water, and maybe a teaspoon of the honey that's diluted with
ginger juice.

Weather Underground says it's going to be in the nineties Saturday,
which is dangerously hot for Indiana. And precious little chance of
rain; the corn is already hurting.

I'd better take lots of ice even though it's a five-mile trip if I
don't get spectacularly indirect about coming home. I suppose I could
go to the Fox Farm farm stand again, so I could say I've been to three
farmers' markets. Uh, two farmers' markets and one farmer's market.

And this is starting to sound as though I wrote it just before nap
time, when the nap is overdue.

--
Joy Beeson
joy beeson at comcast dot net