Old May 17th 04, 11:29 AM
kingsley

Default Shipping bike interstate

On Mon, 17 May 2004 01:38:10 +0000, flyingdutch wrote:

Lt wrote:
Hi, I was wondering what the cheapest way to ship a bike interstate is?
I went to the DHL website and the quote was $150.00. On ebay people say
that the shipping cost will be more like$50.00 - $75.00. So I was
wondering if anyone has any experience shipping and what they used? A
couple of people have mentioned busfreight and railfreight, anyone else
got any suggestions?

I have done a couple of complete bikes to and from
Adelaide/Melbourne for $20

Yeah that's our experience too, had a tandem couriered 'as-is'
from Canberra to here ('tween Gosford & Newcastle) for $50.

Ring your local (smallish) courier company.

-kt

--
Kingsley Turner,
(mailto: )