Old April 15th 05, 04:10 PM
U-Turn

Good points, Steve. I'm assuming a 29er or Coker for the road uni, 24
or 26" off-road uni, and light to no load on bike and uni. For example,
on the bike, I'll have a messenger bag with documents, repair kit, lock,
snack, a liter of water, and often a water-bottle-headlight battery. On
the uni, just a camelbak with repair kit, snack, a liter of water;
occasionally a headlight with backpack battery.

On the bike, I will usually pedal through the flats and downhills.
However, I am not monitoring heart rate at the moment. So a typical day
would be a moderate aerobic load. Not dawdling, but not stressed-out
except for a few of the uphills. On the MB I shift down to keep cadence
up.

Perhaps add a point or half point for a heavy load such as a child? So
that would make an on-road uni and a kid-heavy on-road MB basically the
same.

Putting the kid on your shoulders for off-road uni: priceless but not
recommended.

--
U-Turn - As long as my feet keep movin'...

'Strongest Coker Wheel in the World'
-- Dave Stockton