Old May 24th 09, 09:50 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Graham

Default Token hub bearing replacement

"landotter" wrote in message
On May 24, 2:41pm, "Graham"
wrote:
[Snip]
If it is possible to replace the bearings does anyone know where I could
get
hold of a set in the UK and how difficult the replacement job might be. It
looks as though it would simply be - press the old ones out and the new
ones
in.

That's about it. Punch the old ones out from behind with whatever you
don't care about. I use an old screwdriver and a mallet. Then press in
the new ones with a block of wood and a hammer/mallet, making sure
that everything's even and flush. Just a couple minutes time. Grease
the outside of the bearing--as it's steel friction fit in alu--which
could otherwise chemically weld together.

Thanks landotter. All I now need to do is track down a supplier of the
required bearings unless of course they are a generic spec which I could
get from any bearing supplier. Anyone know what the generic equivalents
might be?

Graham.