Old February 21st 13, 01:55 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
datakoll

Default Chain stretch - actual tech.

On Thursday, I discovered the hung chain measuremt addcidently with 2-3 used/repaired chains measured horizonatally on the chain board then hung allowing lube drying.

Off course when remeasured 3-4 days later using Epic at prob 100 degrees on thinner cleaned chains, chains meassured disappointingly longer and waaaay over spec.

I imagine this is the more exact chain measure procedure with a steel guide hung downward with chain...no discurbing !

also a useful visual on chain materials