Old July 12th 17, 08:40 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Davey Crockett[_13_]

Default So Long

a écrit profondement:

| On Wednesday, February 15, 2017 at 4:34:39 PM UTC-8, Davey Crockett wrote:
| Well I think the time is right to bow out
|
| Davey is now 80 years old and thinks it's time
| to call it quits for rbr
|
| So long to any who might still tune in here
|
| --
| Davey Crockett

| Does being 80 make you uninterested in racing? My riding partner is 84
| and he sure as hell is still going strong. At least as strong as me at
| 72 and I did a 55 miler the other day with 2500 feet if climbing
| including up to the Marin Headlands which includes 12% in places. And
| I was never much of a climber. At the end of that ride (the weather
| has kept everyone off of their bike for months) I was keeping up with
| the late 50 year olds. Of course that's not saying much because they
| were bushed too.

Davey was actually referring to RBR when he said he would "bow
out", but there does seem to be a bit of the old "Tour Enthusiasm"
evidenced by a few postings recently, so he might stay around for
a while.

--
Davey Crockett
http://inconnu.freeshell.org/Sig/csa.jpg