Old November 2nd 17, 03:34 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_2_]

Default Why do some forks and frames have brake rotor size limits?

On 2017-11-01 13:00, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 11/1/2017 3:27 PM, Joerg wrote:

With me that happened yesterday. School bus from the other side,
driver backed out of driveway with gusto into the school bus' path,
the bus driver swerved around and into my lane. If I had been lane
center I'd be in the hospital or morgue today.

I don't think I'd have ended up in the hospital just because I rode at
lane center. I know about steering a bike.

Except when it's too late to get to the side or as in this case off the
road. But I know, you are superman and can easily put on a kilowatt or
two to do this uphill.

I didn't see anything about uphill speed helping to avoid this crash.

I have taught, practiced and been tested on bike emergency maneuvers several
times. It's something that happens if you take a Cycling Savvy class, for
instance. As I've previously described, I've used that once, long ago, to
avoid a somewhat similar crash. That one was a sudden left cross.

- Frank Krygowski