Old January 9th 09, 08:09 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
saskatchewanian

Default How to remove anodizing (rims/cranks) / Polishing aul. to mirror finish.

Anodizing is a forum of oxidizing which means that it is the aluminum on
the surface that has changed colour. It is not like taking off paint you
will need to remove a thin layer of aluminum from the surface.

I think KH frames are powder-coated though so you should be able to
strip that a little easier with the help of some paint strippers.

On anodized parts I think the best bet would to sand them down with
fine grit sandpaper then polish with a buffing wheel. Not sure the best
way to keep things shiny as aluminum will react with air and oxidize
again once you remove the protective (anodized) layer.

EDIT: I would stay away from wire brushes on the anodized parts as the
anodized layer is harder than the aluminum below it.

--
saskatchewanian