Old February 12th 08, 12:12 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Obakesan

Default Skidding on a fixie - sans brakes

Hi

In article , "PeteSig"
wrote:

Braking is most effective when the tyre is braked to the extreme, just
before losing traction. That's exactly what ABS on cars does, applies the
brakes, then momentarily releases them before traction is lost, then
reapplies, all in microseconds. To stop real quick.... don't skid!

yes, that is right on grippy tar (wish my bike had ABS actually) but not so
good on loose dirt or other difficult surfaces.

I hear my ABS in my car juddering away when almost nothing is happening to
slow me down, worse if there is any icy stuff or frost on the ground ... quite
disturbing I must say.

See Ya
(when bandwidth gets better ;-)

Chris Eastwood