Old January 15th 09, 07:14 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Jerrick

Default Sitting Correctly

tumbles;1170380 wrote:
I put a lot of pressure on my legs for stability and can only relax when
riding fast, but even in a "relaxed" state I still use what seems like
to much upper leg muscle for stability.

needed to be putting a lot more weight on the seat.

Problem solved. Stop standing, and just sit. Hold onto something and
let your legs dangle pretty much, maybe youll fall or let the uni slip
out from you, but at least youll feel what its like to have full weight
on the seat and your legs just limp.

80% weight on the seat, 10% on one pedal, 10% on the other.

In time youll relax a bit more and it will come naturally (I hope) but
its better to apply a bit more discipline to yourself and nip this
quickly.

--
Jerrick

*Press Alt+F4 to fix post
stretch.*[SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC]JC~