Old October 30th 18, 03:40 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

Default bicycle lane in Melbourne

On 10/29/2018 7:32 PM, Joy Beeson wrote:
On Mon, 29 Oct 2018 17:27:00 -0500, AMuzi wrote:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ke-bushes.html

What struck me about that story -- what ALWAYS strikes me about such
stories, unfortunately -- is that it said that the would-be killer was
charged with reckless driving and fined, but there isn't a word
anywhere about buying a new bike or reimbursing Australia's national
medical-care system.

I don't even hope to see a miscreant asked to pay the non-medical
expenses caused by an injury.

As I tried to post yesterday before my newsreader lost contact:

That wasn't reckless driving. That was a deliberate assault. That
motorist should never drive again.

--
- Frank Krygowski