Old October 31st 17, 07:13 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Radey Shouman

Default California's Fires

writes:

On Tuesday, October 31, 2017 at 9:09:21 AM UTC-7, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 10/31/2017 9:28 AM,
wrote:
On Monday, October 30, 2017 at 6:36:22 PM UTC-7, Radey Shouman wrote:

Fortunately, it's pretty hard to convince a honeybee to sting if you're
not messing with the hive, and my wife has gone for a series of allergy
treatment shots. Supposedly she's up to receiving the equivalent of two
bee stings with each shot, so a single sting should not be a life
threatening problem.

I've heard that 90% of the honeybee hives have been africanized at
this point.

Sorry, Tom, but that too is not true.

You know, a lot of these things are pretty easy to look up. They have
this "google" thing...

And as usual you get your information from Google and not the actual source.

Radey says that Africanized bees are only in warmer areas and yet he
is getting many stings - my cousins kept bees, only wore protective
netting on their faces and never got stung - and he also talks about
hives dying.

I said that if you kept bees you would get stung. That is true for all
strains of bees. I only ever wore a hat, veil and gloves, never bought
the whole suit because it did not seem necessary. Hives are dying, but
their survival was never assured, particularly during long winters.
Parasites, in particular the varroa mite, are a big contributor to
mortality.

This doesn't ring any bells with your formal education does it? Go
google that jackass. Or better yet try Snopes who claim to be
politically neutral and yet most of their staff have worked for
Democrat campaigns.

Perhaps you and Frank should get a room of your own?