Old May 31st 06, 03:47 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.marketplace,rec.bicycles.misc

Default Can't Use Helmets in the Sun????

In article ,
says...
Quoting
:
I was just dazed and abraded, otherwise unhurt. I think the helmet
saved my life.
replace it. Again, I think the helmet saved my life.

Oooh, _two_ life threatening incidents. You must be very unlucky; I've
never had even _one_ accident in which, helmetless, I would have suffered
any serious head injury, let alone been killed.

The sheer number of saved-my-life stories illustrates they are nonsense.

Not really; it just illustrates that people don't realize just how tough
a head actually is, and how hard it is to kill someone with a straight
head impact. In the vast majority of those cases, they would most
likely have received a concussion of some greater or lesser severity (or
perhaps just a nasty bruise or cut). That doesn't mean the helmet
didn't reduce the severity of the injury, though.

newsgroups if possible).