Old October 29th 19, 02:57 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Joy Beeson

Default Being Seen

I've gotten to page 35 in _Cyclecraft: North American Edition_, which
contains a quite-sensible discussion of the difference between being
noticed and being recognized.

This hits home with me: during my attempt to ride the double century
one September, I nearly ran down the riders who had left me behind
because I mistook the nearby cluster of small lights for a cluster of
pole lights a mile farther away.

Which would give me a topic for a column: When you stop GET OFF THE
ROAD. Never mind that it's three in the morning and this road has
almost no traffic during rush hour.

--
joy beeson at comcast dot net
http://wlweather.net/PAGEJOY/