Old October 6th 03, 05:53 PM
Pat

Default Multiuse trails: Left or Right side walking?

x-no-archive:yes

In our local "bike path" (this path has signs telling people Bicycles Only!)
the pedestrians walk on the right. Why? because the convention for vehicles
is to pass on the left. Dog walkers frequently take up the entire bike
path, and certainly all the Skaters take up the whole path with their wildly
swinging arms and their swaying back and forth. Oh well, at least they
can't gripe at the bike riders because the signs remind people it is a
Bicycles Only path....

Once, I saw a young woman pull her Great Dane off of the path and wrap the
leash around his muzzle while holding him around the chest with both arms.
That made me a bit leery of what the dog might do!

Pat in TX