Old October 14th 03, 12:10 AM
Fredrik Jonson

Default Reports from Sweden

In Garry Jones wrote:

Dorre, it is ironic that some of your findings in this Swedish
packaging are being used to argue for a mandatory helmet law.

Or could it simply be that the data is inconclusive, and that
either opinion could be argued to some extent with those numbers?

For those that don't know, I'm the opposition Garry has been
running into in the swedish groups. =)

I have been doing a bit of research myself, and disregarding all
the inconclusive "facts" that can be found everywhere on the net,
I have also found references to something that is called "The
helmet wars". Aparantly, I have unknowingly placed my foot in one
of usenet's old wasps' nests. That is not what I intended.

But let me just add that the Swedish research report written by
VTI and the University of Linköping, a litterature study which
explains the 290 references, should probably not be disregarded as
partisan. The summary may sound partisan towards helmet laws, but
inside the report (in swedish) different possible interpretations
of the data is discussed quite thoroughly. As is expected in a
scientific report before any swedish university would put their
name on it.

--
Fredrik Jonson
"There are Lies, Damn Lies, and Statistics."