Old April 2nd 05, 05:25 PM
bbaka

Rich wrote:
bbaka wrote:

I can easily drink that much on one of my 100 degree mountain centuries.

Another obvious example of one of your lies.

Do you have any idea how much water is lost both due to respiration and
sweat on a reasonably hard ride in 15% humidity and 100 degrees?
I have gone out on 9 hour plus rides and consumed a full gallon of
Orange Juice from my back pack plus my water bottles. On that ride I
even filled up the bottles from the mountain stream I biked/hiked to.
Use you computer to look at the water consumption of the workers on the
Panama canal project and it will say that each worker drank over 2
gallons day. You get a sloshy stomach that would ruin a joggers day but
it is tolerable on a bike.

Buy a cyclocomputer. Then get back to us with some actual facts. I
think you'll discover that you're not riding anywhere near as far or
fast as you're claiming.

If I ride 100 miles it does take me about 9 hours since I am not doing
it to best my time and much of it is on gravel/dirt/no roads. That takes
my average down to about 11 MPH but is irrelevant since I am just out to
go and be one on one with the nature of the forest I ride to. A century
on the local streets and highways could be done but I almost got hit
twice while on the 40 miles of road I took on my 50 mile jaunt. There
are way too many idiots and just plain assholes out there. A car load of
kids thought it would be fun to blast up behind me and honk the horn and
all yell as they passed and I was on a one foot shoulder. My response,
instant finger, what else.
Bill Baka

Rich