Old January 10th 18, 02:30 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

Default handlebar

On Tuesday, January 9, 2018 at 12:01:36 AM UTC, Emanuel Berg wrote:
On steel frame bikes, what material are
handlebars typically made of?

It seems lighter and more shiny than the frame,
but perhaps this is a property of the coating
and/or the steel itself rather than indicative
of another material altogether?

Is the handlebar the most safety-critical part
of the bike?

I have seen several brake but this never
happened to me nor did I ever sense any
inclination it would. Is this because of other
people's more aggressive riding style or do
they have thinner handlebar pipes, or pipes in
softer material?

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573

Steel. I typically ride with North Road bars and have never even heard of such bars being made of aluminium. It seems likely to me that what Wim had was a specialty item.

Andre Jute
Not reckless