Old July 11th 08, 05:17 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
landotter

Default Selecting a Bike

On Jul 10, 11:51*pm, Katuzo wrote:
Doctor told me to get a bike. Consumers Reports say Giant FCR3 is good
for exercising ( I'm 57, 5'7", 170 pounds).

That's a smartly specced bike for exercise, going moderately fast,
shopping, moderate touring. It has provisions for mounting all the
things you might want to add to a bike, like racks and fenders.
Comfort wise, the tires it comes with should be just perfect for
pavement and dirt road riding, but for further creature comforts,
explore handlebar and grip options, which are easily and relatively
inexpensive to change.