Old May 22nd 14, 11:10 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
Blackblade[_2_]

Default Mountain bikers are a scourge wherever they are found

Yes, we disagree. But, unlike you, I've provided real
data from third party sources and you're provided ... zip, nada, bupkiss beyond
your own simple assertion.

Your "real data" stinks. I have provided many reports of
actual events in specific locations from various media.

You haven't provided anything ... you've simply referenced copy from journalists. That's not even trying to be objective and to discern a position ... it's simple reporting.

And, your point is what ? We've already done to death

the fact that trails have been put to many uses over the centuries. The
trails belong to people so use can change if people want it to.

It only matters what trails have been used for since the
establishment of the National Parks (late 1800's). Before that it doesn't matter
any more than the last 20 years or so doesn't matter (since the advent of
mountain biking). That is the status quo ante.

Use has changed over time .. and certainly over the last 20 years. Live with it.

I've stated my opinions too ... I don't think anyone reading

this thread would be unaware of them. However, unlike you, I prefer to
test my hypotheses and assertions with real-world data. I'm sure that all
the people whose research I've cited and whose work you consider 'ridiculous'
would be more than happy to read your research on the issues ... oh, sorry, you
don't have any do you ?

"Your "real data" stinks. I have provided many
reports of actual events in specific locations from various media." - Ed
Dolan

You've provided links to news articles Ed.

All serious hikers think exactly like me.

I very very much doubt it Ed ... they're not all monomaniacal egomaniacs.