Old April 25th 09, 04:01 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Toom Tabard

Default The BMA Recycle BeHIT Bull****

On 25 Apr, 13:32, Judith Smith wrote:
On Sat, 25 Apr 2009 05:11:14 -0700 (PDT), Toom Tabard

wrote:
On 25 Apr, 11:06, "mileburner" wrote:
"Toom Tabard" wrote in message

I'm aware of the effects of risk compensation

The main benefit of wearing a helmet that often seems to be overlooked is
that it helps the wearer to ride faster and take more chances. Cornering can
be done faster, braking done later etc. and an overall feeling of euphoria
can accompany the feeling of being indestructible. Knee and elbow pads can
also help, gloves are essential for this.

Yes, and if you also wear a high-viz jacket, you'll be seen five miles
away, but will have been forgotten about and invisible by the time you
get close. (Understandably) not many people know that ;-)

Toom

"but will have been forgotten about and invisible by the time you get
close. "

I must admit I had forgotten about that.

It really was one of the all time greats - I can't remember *by who.

Let me refresh byour memory regarding who you thought it was:-

On 4 Apr, 15:41, Toom Tabard wrote:
On 4 Apr, 15:17, Judith Smith wrote:

But others have pointed out in previous threads that if your brain
spots them from a long way off - then by the time you get close up,
your brain will be "forgetting" about them :-)

I think it may have been Clinch who gave us that gem.

Yes, but my brain works differently from his: a matter of detail for
which I consider myself, and all others, should regard themselves as
eternally blessed and grateful.

Toom

Perhaps on Monday he'll be able to write quoting that he is writing
from publicly funded sources, and confirm this as well as denigrating
and insulting high net taxpayers such as I. And showng a complete lack
of awareness, in this respect, regarding the extent to which*'he's
given himself enough rope, tied the noose and jumped off the stool as
far as his pronouncements go.'

Boy, am I going to enjoy this one!*

Toom * * * * *