Old April 14th 12, 09:39 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,misc.consumers.frugal-living
NM

Default Walking a bicycle into a store

On Apr 14, 7:01*pm, "Simon Mason"
wrote:
"dr6092" wrote in message

I agree that a bicycle is far easier to manage while being ridden (at
walking pace) instead of being walked. I am able to walk so respect
local custom in pedestrian areas but the idea that is for safety
reasons is total nonsense.

Agreed - however in order to stay within the law, on the only bit of
pavement on my commute that I use as a short cut, I will dismount and walk.
It means that I have a much bigger presence when I pass an oncoming
pedestrian and get in their way more, but at least I am obeying the letter
of the law.
--
Simon Mason

You have considerably less kinetic energy whilst walking thus are less
liable to inflict severe damage to whoever is unfortunate enough to
collide with you. Aside from that in the event of any sort of action
that could result in a claim or process of law you would automatically
be in the wrong if you were riding on the pavement.