Old October 3rd 18, 12:07 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
Rod Speed

Default Cyclists waste petrol

"Jimmy Wilkinson Knife" wrote in message
news
On Sat, 29 Sep 2018 22:59:20 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

"Jimmy Wilkinson Knife" wrote in message
news
On Thu, 27 Sep 2018 20:04:31 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

"rbowman" wrote in message
On 09/26/2018 09:02 PM, Rod Speed wrote:
One of the chain self checkouts used to just
dispense $20s here and I used that for that
reason instead of an ATM but they have
changed those now and they don't let you
specify what you want, it works that out
for you so you can still get $20s by specifying
you want $40, but you get $50s if you say
you want $50 or $100 etc. That chain has
now closed their store in my town now so
I have to use the other self checkouts.

I'll have to pay more attention the next time. I think you can specify
number but the selection menu is in $20 increments. The max on the
menu
is
$200, or sometimes $100 at the smaller kiosks in markets.

I've got the feeling if you said you wanted $57 the machine would make
impolite remarks. Maybe not, since the self service checkouts can make
change with smaller bills. I never thought about it. I just grab $200
and
go.

Yeah, I'm about to try them all now because I have always
preferred to have $20 notes for the garage/yard sales. $50s
can be a real hassle, particularly given that we show up
at the garage/yard sales before anyone else and hardly
any ensure that they have lots of change. I prefer to use
the self checkouts rather than ATMs just because you
don't normally have to queue for the self checkouts
and there is no chance of a skimmer on the self checkout.

You must have a lot of criminals over there.

Most of those skimming ATMs are tourists.

The problem doesn't exist here,

Wrong, as always.
https://www.google.com/search?q=atm+skimming+uk

you're doing something wrong.