Old October 3rd 18, 03:49 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
rbowman[_2_]

Default Cyclists waste petrol

On 10/02/2018 04:44 PM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
On Sun, 30 Sep 2018 20:27:05 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

"Jimmy Wilkinson Knife" wrote in message
news
On Mon, 10 Sep 2018 05:45:16 +0100, rbowman wrote:

On 09/09/2018 01:08 PM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
I really ****ed off a horserider once. I was driving a very old Range
Rover automatic which had a conversion to LPG. It very often
misfired,
made loud bangs, and changed gear without warning. I managed to
cause a
small explosion and a loud revving of the engine just as I passed a
horserider coming the other way along a narrow country road. The
horse
**** itself, and so did the rider.

I did better than that... I was coming down a narrow road that went
past
a dude ranch on my Harley. Coming the other was was a herd of dudes on
their docile refugees from a canning factory led by a genuine wild west
cowboy. ****head's horse had a nervous breakdown while the guests' nags
barely roused from their stupor.

it doesn't take much to set them off. I've worked with horses enough to
know most of them are a neurotic bundle of nerves. If the horse can't
handle public roads, trailer it to a nice quiet horse trail someplace.

Indeed. Horses on roads were fine, before the invention of the motor
car.

They weren't actually, lots got killed by them bolting etc.

They're not the brightest of animals.

A common description around here is a cowboy is the third dumbest
critter riding the second dumbest and chasing the first dumbest.