Old August 17th 03, 03:04 AM
Damian Harvey

Default It's nice to read about the ride to work people

I ride to work every single day, rain, hail and shine. In fact the other
day I went through the 3 physical states of water, I rode in fog in the
morning on the way home it rained then started to hail.
However no matter the weather I always get to work feeling wide awake
and energised. After the intial concerns of the boss they are now very
pleased witht the person who arrives in the morning. I'm sure I'm a
better worker for all the riding I do. I've lost close to 50kg in the
past year of cycling.
My trip is about 13km each way. I leave at 4:00am and get home at 2:30pm
so traffic is generally not a hassle for me. There's only one other bike
out on the road that time of morning and we have a friendly rivalry
going, we generally meet at the same traffic light every morning, chance
not planned. And race to the next light about a mile away. He wins about
70% of the time but occcasionally I'll get the jump on him by spinning
at what seems like 160rpm. I ride a Trek 4700 MTB with 1.5 inch semi slicks.

--
Cheers
Damian Harvey

This space reserved for standard disclaimer, witty quote,
plug for own business in caps and large, bad ASCII art.