Old May 11th 17, 06:55 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jeff Liebermann

Default Is there any good non-rechargeable headlights anymore?

On Wed, 10 May 2017 19:51:55 -0700, Jeff Liebermann
wrote:
(blah-blah-blah...)

Will this work for you?
http://www.11junk.com/jeffl/pics/bicycles/misc/slides/k1009%20light.html
https://internetkaufhaus24.de/Produkte/frontscheinwerfer-led-30-lux/6168332
https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=de&tl=en&u=https%3A%2F%2Fintern etkaufhaus24.de%2FProdukte%2Ffrontscheinwerfer-led-30-lux%2F6168332&sandbox=1
It's a 3w single LED StVZO light from Germany. It uses 4ea alkaline
or NiMH AA cells. The StVZO beam pattern is somewhat rectangular, and
in my opinion looks quite good. I've only gone for one short ride so
far and it worked quite well.

Just one problem.... I have no idea where you can actually buy one in
the USA. There's the name "Star" and a number "K1009" on the top. The
bottom has some other info stamped into the plastic that will require
a microscope to read. I'll photo that tomorrow when I get to my
office.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D