Old January 25th 05, 04:54 PM
Werehatrack

On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 08:22:41 -0800, "Tom Nakashima"
may have said:

Looking for kickstand recommendations for road bike with upright handlebars
700c rims.
Comments on the Greenfield rear stay mount?

If there isn't room for the regular Greenlee one-legger between the BB
and the rear wheel, then this is sometimes an acceptable substitute.
It has no advantages that I have been able to see over the regular one
otherwise, and has the decided disadvantages of providing a snaggable
froward-facing leg, and having its leg in a spot that's more likely to
be a trip hazard (and less effective at keeping the bike upright in my
experience) than the conventional-location unit.

Comments on the ESGE Pletscher Double Legged stand?

Is it long enough? I've never installed one, and I know that it has
to be trimmed when used on some 'bents, but it looks like it may be a
bit short of the mark on a bike that wears 700c rims if the BB is as
high as many in that class tend to be.

If there's room for the $50 ESGE, then there's room for the cheaper,
more common one-leg Greenlee as well. For a 700c bike, get the longer
of the two models; you might have to shorten it a bit, but it'll
probably be about right as-is.