Old November 2nd 08, 05:53 AM posted to rec.bicycles.rides
sergio

Default NE Italy + Dolomites mountain roads questions

On 2 Nov, 03:18, "Ken Roberts"
wrote:
sergio wrote
An obvious alternative: take the Bike Paths that run all
the way from Spondigna to Bolzano.

I did not know that the bike route avoided the main SS road the whole way
(or even most of the way) from Spondigna to Merano. I've heard that it does
avoid the SS road the whole way from Merano to Bolzano.

Quite right, Ken, you are. My wording was incorrect.
I should have not said 'Bike Paths' but 'Bike Detours', in fact taking
you onto the old road through the many villages where the newly built
'Circonvallazione', with its many tunnels, avoid just them.

On the same topic. If you ever happen tocycle down from Trento to
Bassano del Grappa never do that on the obvious SS (state road). There
should be a real bike path almost all the way, I was told.

Sergio
Pisa