Old January 16th 17, 10:57 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

Default Stronger rubber cement?

On 2017-01-04 22:55, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
On Wed, 04 Jan 2017 11:59:28 -0800, Joerg

wrote:

Try these:

https://www.amazon.com/Sunlite-Thorn.../dp/B000BMT2TM

I never looked back. Reviews are mixed and sometimes
they do have poor
valve attachment. Also, some are thick only towards the
running surface
and that is less protecting than thick all around.

Thanks. I should probably get something like that
instead of the
cheap tubes that I've been buying. Note that the cheap
tubes seem to
leak without any riding. I've built wheels, applied
pressure, and
watched the pressure drop slowly over a period of several
days. The
leaks are small, difficult to find, tricky to plug
without a patch,
and very irritating.

Yup. Standard bicycle tubes are usually junk. Would you
accept it if you
had to pump up the tires of your car every two weeks? Yet
most cyclists
think this is "normal".

I prefer pumping up tyres on my road bike every couple of
weeks to riding a slug.

MTB tyres can go much longer between pressure checks because
the initial pressure is usually about half that of road bike
tyres and there is more volume of air.

Car tyres don't usually have a tube. They are tubeless, and
the thick and heavy tyre makes the seal, and the initial
pressure is usually much less than that of a normal MTB tyre
and there is a huge volume of air by comparison.

Hey Joerg here you go:
http://i.imgur.com/qSTfW05.jpg

(things found while looking for something else)

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/