Old April 19th 19, 03:02 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

Default Homeless in Seattle

On Thursday, April 18, 2019 at 6:58:35 PM UTC-7, AMuzi wrote:
On 4/18/2019 5:37 PM, John B. Slocomb wrote:
On Thu, 18 Apr 2019 12:48:48 -0400, Frank Krygowski
wrote:

Some posters here have gone on and on about homeless people, and
specifically homeless people in Seattle.

Here are interesting details about one of them:
https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle...ss-in-seattle/

I wonder, do they have bike messengers in Seattle?
--

Cheers,

John B.

seems so:
http://seattlelegalmessengers.com/
http://www.seattlemessengercooperative.com/
https://www.reliablecouriers.com/courier-service.html
(that menu offers car/bike and standard/rush)

First, incroyable -- Rebecca Twigg a homeless person. She was a prodigy academically and athletically. I figured she would age out and become a professional of some sort.

And yes, Seattle has messengers -- and lots of people on bikes who mix in with downtown traffic. They have some nice facilities in various places, but downtown and the University District can be scrum of bikes and cars.

I was in LA on Wednesday -- glossy Century City -- and it was the opposite. Sunny weather, flat roads and not a bicycle in sight. Nobody walks except between the office tower and the parking garage -- at least in that area. It was a strange vibe. I bet there is some ant-trail of cyclists somewhere off the imposing, shoulderless main drags, but I didn't see it.

-- Jay Beattie.