Old October 4th 17, 07:42 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JQ

Default Best Road Saddles

On 10/4/2017 1:46 PM, wrote:
Which saddles do you find most comfortable for long fast road rides?

The best road saddle is the one that your butt likes the best. For me it
was the Specialized Romin SL 130mm and the best Selle SMP Evolution
129mm. What I have come to know after decades of using different saddles
a 1, I need a saddle that has a large center cut out; 2, the saddle
must be narrow thru the middle section where I actual sit for most of
the ride; 3, the rear of the saddle must also be on the narrow side
enough for the sit bones to rest on when I am in a more upright riding
position; and finally a little cushion, not a whole lot as this becomes
a major compression issue on longer rides, short rides 25 miles and
under soft cushion saddles are great over that distance and much longer
consistently not so! As you can see much has to do on what type of
riding you are doing; distance, speed,Â*Â* riding position on the saddle,
bike type and setup, and very important sitting area body anatomy (how
wide apart are you sitting area bones from the front to the rear). Just
because you have narrow hips doesn't mean the sitting area bones are
narrow and the opposite is also true wide hips don't mean wide sitting
bones. Hope this helps and not make things more confusing.

--
Ride fast, ride hard, ride for health and enjoyment... Coach JQ Dancing
on the edge

---