Old May 9th 05, 03:22 PM
audrey

Default ouch

Steph and I did our longest ride yet yesterday (44 for her and 47 for
me). We went on a 'Dawdling Docs' ride [1], meeting at Chorlton Water
Park and riding to Arley Hall then back via Tatton Park. A good ride
with a nice bunch of people, and a change not to have to do our own
navigation. Despite having to get off and push up those Cheshire
Peaks a couple of time, I feel like a True Cyclist (tm) as we had two
café stops and my hand-tan is coming on a treat.

It was quite a bit longer than I've done in one day before, and my
legs are still complaining about it. Total distance of the group ride
was 40 miles, with an extra 7 miles to/from the start point, which
takes us quite a bit nearer to our target 100 km [2].

[1] as organised by our LBS Bicycle Doctor

[2] we remain united in our "no we're not going to do the 100 miles
instead" position so ;-P