Old October 9th 06, 09:30 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Zebee Johnstone

Default rural amusement

In aus.bicycle on Mon, 9 Oct 2006 23:10:55 +1000
Duncan wrote:

He's got a point. I mainly lurk here but when you were deciding on a bike I
almost piped up to talk you out of a recumbent. For a lot of drivers
they're practicaly invisible, they're less manouverable and wider so more
likely to be clipped. A flag doesn't cut it, a burning flare might be a
better option.

And this is different to upright bicycles in what way?

I note that so far the only person who seems to have had a problem
seeing me was that motorcyclist.

As car drivers regularly say "didn't see you" to motorcycles they've
just hit, for a motorcyclist to use the same excuse is hilarious.

For a cyclist to buy into the same idea is equally hilarious.

It's been my experience that people process the bent just fine. If I
ride with my brain in gear, act predictably, and don't put myself in
silly positions.

Which is what everyone on the road's supposed to do, eh?

Zebee