Old August 9th 18, 05:01 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,alt.war.vietnam
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife[_2_]

Default Stolen Bike

On Thu, 09 Aug 2018 16:13:37 +0100, Peter Keller
wrote:

On 08.08.2018 20:26, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
On Wed, 08 Aug 2018 09:45:07 +0100, Peter Keller
wrote:

On 07.08.2018 10:20, Bod wrote:

Cyclists v drivers? They're often the same people.

Much has been written about a war between cyclists and drivers, as
if the two groups were such polar opposites that they could never
cross in a Venn diagram. But according to new research, people who
cycle the most are likely to own at least two cars.

Regular cyclists – those who cycle at least once a week – are also
disproportionately likely to read broadsheet newspapers, be well
educated, have a household income of at least £50,000 per year and
shop at Waitrose, claims the latest Mintel report, Bicycles in the
UK 2010. In addition, they are twice as likely to be men as women..

https://www.theguardian.com/environm...ng-boom-survey
I just use a bike mostly because it is most convenient, I love the
fresh air and feeling of movement and exercise, and ....
Owning a car and being rich has nothing to do with it.

Of course, money is irellevant.

Of course. Exactly.

I enjoy cycling in the countryside. Cycling on roads isn't enjoyable.

I find it is. Very enjoyable.

Roads are for cars.