Old August 9th 18, 05:28 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife[_2_]

Default Stolen Bike

On Thu, 09 Aug 2018 09:05:01 +0100, TMS320 wrote:

On 08/08/18 21:42, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
On Wed, 08 Aug 2018 21:09:45 +0100, TMS320 wrote:
On 08/08/18 20:44, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
On Wed, 08 Aug 2018 20:41:27 +0100, TMS320 wrote:
On 08/08/18 19:21, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
On Wed, 08 Aug 2018 15:24:39 +0100, TMS320 wrote:
On 07/08/18 18:29, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
On Tue, 07 Aug 2018 15:27:28 +0100, JNugent
wrote:

It is intended only to alert other road-users to one's presence.
Er no. It means "You ****ing arsehole, why the hell didn't you
indicate?!"
A horn conveys no information so how are your targets supposed to
know what your problem is?
Well let me see, Mr Smith turns right at a roundabout without
indicating, and someone correctly pulls in front of him, then
sounds their horn when they see he's about to collide with them.
He can then look up the highway code or whatever and find out why
the other car had the right of way.

Just because Mr Smith is not indicating right it is not correct for
AN Other to pull out on a whim. Too many hims and thems. Explain who
is doing what and who ends up in front of whom.
If you don't indicate right at a roundabout, you do not have the
right to turn right. WTF are you doing turning without informing
other road users as to where you intend to go?

When following marked lanes indication is not necessary. Indication is
only useful when making lane changes or where there is ambiguity. And
I live in the south east where most people adapt to cope with each
others' behaviour without going into a hissy fit at every opportunity.

Please explain your scenario in more detail.

Now think of a roundabout without lanes. Or maybe one with two entry
lanes and three exits. And don't assume that cars at the other side
can tell what lane you're in.

Still not enough information. Every roundabout is different. No mention
of timing and you don't say which driver ends up aiming at the other
driver's doors.

This is precisely why everyone should indicate.

No indicator means you're going straight ahead, end of story.

Straight on from where? Once a roundabout is more than a certain size
the relationship between entry and exit becomes completely irrelevant.

You seem to be just trying to make a point rather than trying to work
out how to use a roundabout in the most efficient way for the
circumstances you find at the time.

Depending on the size, I indicate left when I leave, and indicate right if
I'm going around it a fair distance.

It is not intended to convey the message: "Get out of my way
or there might be a crash". I such circumstances, you are
supposed to slow down or stop.
I don't, I drive as close as possible to the vehicle without
touching them, this scares them into not doing it again,
Have you ever followed up the result of your education with the
individuals concerned?
Yes, I often have people banging on my door yelling at me. I had a
bus driver sacked for doing just that, after not indicating and
deciding he had priority over cars at a junction.

So the answer is that you don't know that your education works.
Try that again in English.

It's good enough.

I told you that a bus driver was sacked due to his inabilities. And
you reply with the nonsense, "So the answer is that you don't know that
your education works" - what is that supposed to mean?

A sacking is not evidence of altered behaviour.

Well it's altered the average behaviour of local bus drivers, because we
have one less aggressive ****.