Old December 7th 18, 02:09 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

Default cycling along the kiddie path

On 12/6/2018 6:27 PM, wrote:
On Thursday, December 6, 2018 at 7:50:41 AM UTC-6, AMuzi wrote:
http://www.cityofmadison.com/police/...t.cfm?id=23278

Segregated paths can be so quiet and serene. No pesky cars,
pedestrians, witnesses...

Your title is "kiddie path". But the police report is of a 19 year old girl/woman and a 20-24 year old perpetrator. I realize in a college town every student at Wisconsin U is a "kid". But I still think of teenage and less as being kids. Everyone older is an adult. So not a "kiddie path". I would give the perpetrator some style points for using a bow and arrow to accost the victim. Even your criminals are stylish up there in Madison.

It's a former railroad track, now with asphalt. Overmuch
vegetation, poor sight lines, crappy intersections and the
usual 'segregated facility' features.

'kiddie path' is indeed pejorative but 'public roadway' it
is not.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/