Old August 7th 04, 01:51 AM
Glm

Default New Bike, Reputable LBS, So what is the Problem?

On Fri, 06 Aug 2004 17:15:43 -0400, Badger_South
wrote:

[snip]

-B

Thanks to each of you for your responses. Glad to hear from someone that
I am not being a pain in the gluteus maximus!

You're right: I've tried pretty hard to be considerate and understanding,
but, really, jolting cranks I can do without. And, although it may make
me seem like a moron, I regrettably don't have the expertise or the tools
to open up bottom brackets myself; that said, I am sure it doesn't take a
week to do so!

A discreet word with the manager (there are two of these stores in
Manhattan, so I fear that the owner may well be elusive!) is probably
appropriate at this point. Shall see how I get on.

In fact, I have 101 niggling little complaints about this shop - nothing
that has truly incensed me to date, but enough to ensure that when I buy a
new bike I won't be buying it from there. So much for being the oldest
and largest...

Again, thanks to you all.