Old December 5th 17, 03:12 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

Default BBB-41 Powerlock Bicycle Lock

BBB supplies good quality stuff. I have some of their tools. For instance, my torque wrench set is from BBB, as good as new after about 20 years, and I bought it used from a shop that didn't have one in their stock to sell me, so I made them an offer they couldn't refuse for their own workshop set. It is a name you can trust.

In locks you generally get what you pay for. In Europe, it is widely considered that the best bicycle lock, best being the one that will delay the thief the longest rather than defeating him altogether, is the Abus 54 Granit X, which is a U-lock. I paid about Euro 60, including carriage for mine. A thief needs to bring his battery powered disc grinder along to cut that one.. Eventually I got tired of bending over to fit it, though I still carry it in a quick release clip under the seat to whack cars that pass me too close.

I now have a different anti-theft concept, though it should be pointed out that I live in such a low-crime area that I can leave drugs unattended in the basket, plainly labelled in the bag of the supplying pharmacy, while I go into shops and the library. Now I don't lock the bike, I merely make it impossible to ride away, or even to push, by unlocking the steer tube from the handlebars with a Swiss n'lock (that's right, all lower case. There's a full description at
http://thorncyclesforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=3930.0

Andre Jute
The zero maintenance cyclist

On Monday, December 4, 2017 at 1:43:49 PM UTC, Emanuel Berg wrote:
I just bought a BBB-41 Powerlock Bicycle Lock,
which is a twinned multi-wire within
a plastic enclosement.

The diameter is 12 mm and the length is 180 cm.
It is a "7" on a scale perhaps (?) designating
overall difficulty to brake. The lock works
with BBL-92 and -93 which appears to be
fittings to hold bicycle gear on a/the bike,
from the same manufacturer.

You get three keys. Those are smaller than the
ones I'm used to for this kind of size lock.
Also, the keyhole doesn't have a lid so despite
being small (the smaller keys, remember?)
I suspect some water will make its way inside.
When the temperature gets below zero (C), this
could be a problem.

The lock is made in China tho BBB Cycling is of
the Netherlands. So no lack of
manufacturing/bike experience

The price is 289 SEK which I consider
a standard deal for a quality lock. However it
would still be interesting to hear what you
pay, or would pay, for the same product.

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573