Old December 5th 17, 04:08 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Emanuel Berg[_2_]

Default BBB-41 Powerlock Bicycle Lock

Andre Jute wrote:

BBB supplies good quality stuff. I have some
of their tools.

Same here.

In locks you generally get what you pay for.
In Europe, it is widely considered that the
best bicycle lock, best being the one that
will delay the thief the longest rather than
defeating him altogether

That's right.

is the Abus 54 Granit X, which is a U-lock

I agree U-locks are the best in the terms you
describe however I like the cable locks for
another reason namely those can quickly be made
into a neat coil and put over the handlebar.
Whereas U-lock, unless properly fastened on the
frame, will slam back and forth like a pendulum
and hit your knee which is unpleasant to say
the least...

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573