Old August 28th 03, 02:46 AM
David L. Johnson

Default First road bike: braking?

On Wed, 27 Aug 2003 10:14:02 +0000, Paul Bielec wrote:

Never rode a recent road bike, I never liked road bikes. I did several 30
miles road rides on my MTB.

But that is about the limit for most people on a mountain bike.

But
above certain speed 25 mph (going down a hill on pavement) they don't
break as well as I would like them to. For my next MTB I'll go with disc
brakes.

So, your mountain bike doesn't brake well going downhill on roads, and
your solution is to get another mountain bike? For riding on roads I'd
have to recommend, let's see, oh yeah, a road bike.

--

David L. Johnson

__o | Enron's slogan: Respect, Communication, Integrity, and
_`\(,_ | Excellence.