Old November 11th 18, 05:24 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

Default Cold weather, sore throat

On Sunday, November 11, 2018 at 11:07:12 AM UTC-5, Frank Krygowski wrote:
Snipped

I gave thought to the mucous membranes many years ago, when I was still
commuting by bike, and so I tried breathing through my nose instead of
my mouth. Unfortunately, at the speed I wanted to ride, I found it
impossible to breath through my nose. I even made a few attempts at
inhaling through my nose and exhaling through my mouth, but that didn't
work for me either.

Perhaps I'll try a face mask.

--
- Frank Krygowski

That mask that I showed you above should work wonders for you. It really lets you breathe what is essentially pre-warmed air. Even a thick paper like mask should work for you in the temperatures you're talking about. I like the mask I linked to because it has a double strap which makes securing it and adjusting it a lot easier than a single strap does.

Cheers