Old March 14th 08, 11:26 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Niko

Default Carbon Fiber Base Thread...

muzzle wrote:
Could be a good idea. I'm thinking a thin sheet of plastic rather than
rubber for the top, and innertube for between the base and post.
I'll also be ditching the chromo post in July for something lighter.

I used a cut up CD between the base and the post. So far it seems to
work O.K., I guess you could also use this on top. And we all still
have some AOL CDs lying around, don't we? The CD hole nicely matches
the hole in the post, so its no problem.

Like Spencer I use some small diameter vinyl tubing (e.g. for
gardening) at the sides of the base. It also protects the seatcover
from wearing through at the edges. The only problem is that the tape
starts to move around after some months. You can also use some larger
diameter tubing for the place where you grab the seat for sif (to
create some kind of handle).

P.S. I actually have two CF-seats, one used for Freestyle. The low
weight and the stiffness is just great. However, I don't like the front
handle for freestyle, so I use a flat Qu-ax bumper. Unfortunately the
bumpers on front and back only last a couple of weeks, so I replace
them every few months.

--
Niko

-the harder you try, the dumber you look.-
http://www.usenet.com