Old December 11th 17, 04:40 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

Default windbreaks for bikes?

On Monday, December 11, 2017 at 9:41:58 AM UTC-5, Emanuel Berg wrote:
AMuzi wrote:

http://www.barmitts.com/ we sell these

They look a bit bulky and claustrophobic but
I suppose they are good when you can only have
a light glove because you must fiddle with
shifters (and brakes?).

The other ones suggested, at
http://www.zzipper.com is a bit overkill.
Not the entire "cockpit" area has to be
covered, rather something like a 1.5 l PET
bottle cut in half, and placed where the
hands are on the handlebar.

In general, I guess the best benefit from this
would be either riding in/over snow, or very
fast, and at both ventures, shifting is
essential...

But one could easily think of my scenario as
well, moderate speed, winter in the city (but
not snow on the roads)...

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573

Bar-mitts are designed to fit over the brake lever AND the shifter. They are very useful and they block the wind which means the mitts/gloves one wears don't have to be so thick as they do if you don't use bar-mitts.

Cheers