Old May 30th 06, 10:31 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike

Default whats the worst ride you've ever had?

On Tue, 30 May 2006 21:10:43 +0000 (UTC), BB wrote:

Actually I've never really had a very bad ride.

I take that back. In ~1995, my first bike had a threaded non-suspension
fork with this poorly-designed stem, which would never stay tight for any
length of time. I went off a jump, not realizing it was loose. Upon
landing, the front wheel went perpendicular to the bike and I was thrown
into the gravel. It ripped the skin off my forearms, and scraped up a few
other places. The sidewall of the tire was destroyed, so I had to walk the
bike home, bleeding all over myself.

This was in Dallas, Texas, and I had a job that required me to wear a suit
every day, in the 100-degree weather, with my arms burning from ripped-off
skin. That sucked.

--
-BB-
To e-mail me, unmunge my address